[Insight-users] Understanding the structure of the level set framework in ITK

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:16:20 EST 2011

Hey all,
          I've been using for a while some of the level set filters
available in ITK, and the time has come to implement my own. I'm
planning to start with a very simple task, adding a new advection term
(or modify the current) to the
GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter.
I've implemented this in the past, so I know what is required, but I'm
having a hard time understanding the structure of the level set
framework.
Can someone point me to any documents/posts (if any) explaining this?
Or just give some advice about the best way to start. I've been
looking at the code and the doxygen documentation, but I still feel
that I'm missing the big picture.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
             Juan