[Insight-users] Reading and displaying DICOM series

akbarjan bayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 04:52:25 EST 2011

Hello, itk users!

I am a totally fresh, and now trying to open DICOM series with itk. I found an example in the software guide, in section 7.12.3, but I am trying to run it using cmake, it gives me this error:
*************************************
 CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES):
   Cannot specify link libraries for target "ITKIO" which is not built by this project.
*************************************

My "CMakeLists.txt" is as follows:

*************************************
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

PROJECT(DicomSeriesReadImageWrite)

FIND_PACKAGE(ITK REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})

ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomSeriesReadImageWrite DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ITKIO ITKNumerics)

I am using cmake 2.8, and cannot find a solution from the internet. Hope to receive a help from you. I can imagine this should be a very simple and basic error.

Besides, after solving this problem, how can I display a series of DICOM images in a folder with itk?
Thank you very much in advance.