[Insight-users] Problem in Reading 2D Dicom Slices and converting it into 3D Volume

Wonderkid shubhanga.acharya at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 04:29:35 EST 2011

Here are my requirements.

1)I need to do MultiModality MultiResolution ImageRegistration using ITK for
which I have already written a Program.

2) Multiple Modalities  a)NM Volume (Single File,.dcm format,Dimension = 3 )
b)CT Volume (Multiple 2D slices in .dcm format)

 Problem
1) I use
ITK\InsightToolkit-3.20.0\Examples\IO\DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx to
convert 2D slices (DICOM format) into 3D volume(single File).I then use this
volume as an input(fixed) for my registration program.  But I am not getting
the 3D volume correctly. So I can't use it to register with 3D NM Volume.

Also My Registration Program must be able to receive DICOM slices with
possibly different series name conventions. So I can't hardcode series Names
in my program. I need a generic program which converts 2D DICOM slices to 3D
volume as given in example. Unfortunately its not working correctly. I have
tested with different set of slices.

Since the data (2D slices) is confidential I can't supply the data.

I need a converter program with source code which converts 2D dicom slices
to 3D volume(still in dicom format)