[Insight-users] ORF File Format IO

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Feb 16 03:32:54 EST 2011

Le 15 févr. 11 à 20:24, Armando Arteaga Huerta a écrit :

> Hi,
>   I was wondering if anyone have an example code for reading Olympus
> Raw Images (.orf) into an ITK Image object.

Hi,

orf is not exactly an image format: it is the raw output of the sensor
(and some metadata).
There are several steps to be done to transform it to an image as what
is manipulated by ITK, the most important being the demosaicing

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demosaicing

There are several tools available to convert the orf to an image.
Dcraw is one of them:

   http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Regards,

Gaëtan