[Insight-users] GeodesicActiveContours still an unsolved problem

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:56:38 EST 2011

Hello Ella,
                 The fast marching filter receives as input a list of points
or seeds. It computes the distance map to those seed points. If you compute
the initial level set outside your program you need to do the following. I'm
assuming you have the initial level set in a ini.mha file. Just read this
image and use it as input of the GAC filter.

        smoothing->SetInput([itkImage itkImporter]->GetOutput() );

gradientMagnitude->SetInput( smoothing->GetOutput() );

sigmoid->SetInput( gradientMagnitude->GetOutput() );

reader->SetFilenName("ini.mha");

geodesicActiveContour->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );

geodesicActiveContour->SetFeatureImage( sigmoid->GetOutput() );