[Insight-users] Help with GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter --> Modification to example code does not seem to work

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:57:17 EST 2011

Hey Ella,
       I think you are confusing things a little and confusing two different
examples. The GAC filter needs 1 distance map and 1 feature image.
In the example, the distance map is the output of the Fast Marching (FM)
filter and it is computed from a set of seed points. On the other hand the
feature image is computed by the sigmoid filter.
As I understood your question, you want to use your custom level set instead
of the one constructed from seeds.
So in your case you should create a binary mask, pass it to the Danielsson
filter (DF) and the use the output of the DF to the GAC filter. I think your
mistake is to use the DF as input for the FM filter.
So for this task you don't need the FM filter at all.
I hope it is clearer now.
Best regards,
                       Juan