[Insight-users] wrapitk maintenance branch r527 still results in /bigobj errors on win64, vs 2008 SP1

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Fri Feb 18 15:20:21 EST 2011

Dear all (and especially Gaetan),

The WrapITK CMakeLists has the following piece of code:

# on visual studio 2005 and later, we need to use /bigobj as the
# generated wrappings take up more than 65535 sections in some
# objects.
IF(CMAKE_COMPILER_2005)
  ADD_DEFINITIONS(/bigobj)
ENDIF(CMAKE_COMPILER_2005)

(I contributed this patch some months ago)

However, when I try to build ITK 3.20 with wrapitk r527 from SVN, I
get the following error:
2>c:\build\jwd\build\wrapitk-build\languages\python\pybase\wrap_pybasepython.cpp(3799)
: fatal error C1128: number of sections exceeded object file format
limit : compile with /bigobj

I've also checked in the ide, and bigobj is nowhere to be found in the
command-line.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Charl