[Insight-users] Display the original image and smoothened image together in one VTK window- manual II

Niha G Beig niha.beig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 10:27:24 EST 2011

I have been working with the second manual which tells about ITK+VTK. I want
to know how we can display both the original image and smoothened image
together in one VTK window. Is it possible?

The code builds without any errors but I must going terribly wrong with
my understanding of the concepts because only one image is being displayed..

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h"
#include "vtkImageViewer.h"
#include "vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h"
#include "itkCurvatureFlowImageFilter.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv)

{
typedef itk::Image<unsigned short,2>ImageType;
typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType>ReaderType;
typedef itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter<ImageType>ConnectorType;
typedef
itk::CurvatureFlowImageFilter<ImageType,ImageType>SmoothingFilterType;

ReaderType::Pointer reader=ReaderType::New();
ConnectorType::Pointer connector=ConnectorType::New();
SmoothingFilterType::Pointer smoother= SmoothingFilterType::New();

reader->SetFileName(argv[1]);
connector->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
smoother->SetNumberOfIterations(7);
smoother->SetTimeStep(0.2);

vtkImageViewer * viewer= vtkImageViewer::New();
vtkRenderWindowInteractor * renderWindowInteractor=
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();

viewer->SetupInteractor(renderWindowInteractor);
viewer->SetInput(connector->GetOutput());
viewer->Render();
viewer->SetColorWindow(255);
viewer->SetColorLevel(128);
renderWindowInteractor->Start();
smoother->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
viewer->SetupInteractor(renderWindowInteractor);
viewer->SetInput(connector->GetOutput());
viewer->Render();
viewer->SetColorWindow(255);
viewer->SetColorLevel(128);
renderWindowInteractor->Start();