[Insight-users] can't compile HelloWorld with Visual Studio 9 2008

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 19:00:23 EST 2011

Hi Ella

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Ella Maria Kadas <ella_kadas at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I succesfully configured Insight-Toolkit 3.20.0 using Cmake 2.8.3, and
> also build without errors ITK.sln with Visual studio 9 2008.

This is the problem:

>    I also created an emty project in Visual studio and in the projects
> directory created the CMakeLists.txt for the HelloWorld example just like in
> the ITKuserguide.

You shouldn't create an empty directory from Visual Studio.

Instead, you should simply create a CMakeLists.txt file for your HelloWorld
example
(e.g. you can copy the one in ITK/Examples/Installation)

and then run CMake.

CMake will generate your Visual Studio project.

No need to create the project from Visual Studio,
You may have just generated conflicting files by
mixing a CMake configuration on top of a project
created from Visual Studio.

   Luis