[Insight-users] Need some advise

Nuno Barros nunopbarros at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:14:02 EST 2011

Hi Luis,

I'm getting a bit confused about the configuration of all these things. Just
to confirm, what I have to do is:

1) Install ITK with cmake (I used VS10 to generate the binaries)
2) Install Qt (I installed "qt-win-opensource-4.7.1-vs2008" using windows
installer but I was wondering if I have to install Qt downloading the source
files and using cmake. If this is the way, what should I write in the
CMakeLists?)
3)Install VTK with cmake providing the location of some Qt files (I used
VS10)

After this I tried to execute the VTK helloworld but it didn't run because
it can't find the QtGuid4.dll.

For each project I may write the files in Visual Studio but I need to build
them with cmake, isn't that right?

In this whole story where comes the revision control, and what are the
advantages of using it?

Just another thing, I want to build x86 applications and as so I'm always
using the x86VS10 to compile all this things. Besides this I work in w7x64
environment. Do I have to take any precautions?

Wouldn't it be simpler to configure ITK and VTK to work with Qt creator? I
was trying this at first but I don't know why, I was having some trouble
using Msys and MinGW to generate the binaries from ITK.

Sorry for all this questions, but I'm a newbie in this things and I wasn't
yet able to find any document capable of answering this questions for me.

Thanks, Nuno