[Insight-users] Demons Registration

Ganesh Narayanasamy nganesh76 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:04:28 EST 2011

When I run DemonsRegistration using the options as given in the command line below, I can get a few output files like final image, deformation field etc. How would I get the rest of the output like "True field file"?
As the image was not deforming enough, I had opted to reduce sigma from the default value of 1.5 to 0.8.. is this the correct approach?
Size of the fixed and moving images are 384x384x64 pixels each. I would like to register using the multi-resolution approach starting with 1/4th number of pixels in all 3 axes (i.e, 96x96x16), going to 1/2 (ie., 192x192x32 pixels) and finally to the full image. How will I do this?

Command:
>DemonsRegistration.exe -f CBCT1.mha -m CBCT4.mha -o Final.mha -O DefFld.mha -s 0.8 -d 1

Starting demons registration with the following arguments:
Arguments structure:
  Fixed image file: CBCT1.mha
  Moving image file: CBCT4.mha
  Input field file:
  Input transform file:
  Output image file: Final.mha
  Output field file: DefFld.mha
  True field file:
  Number of multiresolution levels: 3
  Number of demons iterations: [ 15 10 5 ]
  Deformation field sigma: 0.8
  Update field sigma: 0
  Maximum update step length: 2
  Update rule: exponentialize and compose (Diffeomorphic)
  Type of gradient: symmetrized (ESM for diffeomorphic and compositive)
  Use histogram matching: false
  Algorithm verbosity (debug level): 1

Thanks,
Ganesh

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve" - Napolean Hill

-Ganesh
Narayanasamy,Ph.D., PostDoc-University of Kentucky Cancer Center