[Insight-users] developing a filter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:55:19 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM, john smith <mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to develop my own median filter in visualstudio 2010 with
> cmake. I would like to make some questions. First of all, is it neccessary
> to make a face list for the boundary pixel control? Secondly, in which file
> format must I set the radius condition (I think it must be set in the .txx
> file format)? Thirdly, is there a function to get the median value among the
> nine pixels of a 3x3 neighborhood iterator? Has someone good examples which
> are using neighborhood iterators except of those that are mentioned in itk
> user's guide and in the link *
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Developer/ImageFilter *(as I am a
> little bit confused).
>
> Thanks in advance

You probably want to look into the concept of a neighborhood iterator. Here
is an example:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Iterators/ConstNeighborhoodIterator

<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Iterators/ConstNeighborhoodIterator>And
with the neighborhood iterator you can choose what to do with the pixels
that are out of bounds:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Iterators/ConstantBoundaryCondition
<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Iterators/ConstantBoundaryCondition>

David