[Insight-users] index operate like C

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:26:05 EST 2011

Hi to everyone,

 I am beginner in developing my own filter and I am trying to find the
maximum value of a neighborhood of 9 pixels and put this value into one
pixel value of the output image. I am wandering if I could operate on my
input image without using any iterators and using in their places index
references, like in C. To be more specific, I suppose that I devide my input
image into neighborhoods of nine pixels. The reference, to this pixels is
made by using their index, for example (i,j)  for the central pixel and
(i-1,j-1), (i,j-1), (i+1,j-1), (i-1,j), (i+1,j), (i-1,j+1), (i,j+1),
(i+1,j+1) for the rest 8 pixels of the neighborhood. Could someone write how
the for and while loops would look like, if it is possible to operate this
way? I am using visualstudio 2010 and cmake.

Thanks in advance