[Insight-users] Error using SetImportPointer

richyvr richyvr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 04:21:01 EST 2011

Hi ,
 I am a little new to ITK, your help is highly appreciated. Here is my
problem:

I am trying to create a function which creates a ITK::Image using the data
pointer i send to it. I even pass the variable which will set if the
importImageFilter Will Own The Buffer or not. so the function is something
like:

itk::Image< unsigned, 2>::Pointer CreateITKImageFromBuffer(unsigned char
*pDataPtr, bool mportImageWillOwnBuffer)
{
   :
   :
      importFilter->SetImportPointer( pImageBuffer, nPixels,
importImageFilterWillOwnTheBuffer );
      typedef itk::Image< T, D> ImageType;
      ImageType::Pointer iImage = importFilter->GetOutput();

      iImage->Update();
      return iImage;
}

void main()
{
   :
   //Test 1:
   ITK::Image::Pointer pImage1 = CreateITKImageFromBuffer(DataPtr, 0);
   // Validate
   WriteITKImage<PixelType, Dimension>("c:\\Test1.jpg", pImage1);

  //Test 2:
  ITK::Image::Pointer pImage2 = CreateITKImageFromBuffer(DataPtr, 1);
   // Validate
   WriteITKImage<PixelType, Dimension>("c:\\Test1.jpg", pImage2);

}

Though the Test 1 works correctly where i am not creating a memory but using
the same memory from the DataPtr, Test 2 crashes. saying BADPoniter.

 Kindly help!

Regards,
Richard