[Insight-users] itkVTK Pipeline

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:41:20 EST 2011

Dear Mr. Yang,

I know this was an old problem for you, but I am running into the same
problem now. Did you solve it, and how?

Regards,
Dženan

*Mon Apr 4 10:25:01 EDT 2005*

> Dear all,

> I got a problem about connecting ITK and VTK.

> I use itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter and itk::VTKImageToImageFilter for
> converting data.

>  // Connect a ITK pipeline to an VTK pipeline

 typedef itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter< OutputType > ConnectorFilterType;

 ConnectorFilterType::Pointer connector = ConnectorFilterType::New();

 connector->SetInput( caster->GetOutput() );     // an image can be created
> by image writer using caster->GetOutput() data

 connector->GetImporter()->SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar();

 this->RegisteredImage = connector->GetOutput();

> "this->RegisteredImage" is accessed in vtk pipeline by a get method in
> another file.

vtkImageData *image = registration->GetRegisteredImage();

image->Update();

> There is an error exception when running vtkImageData Updata() method, the
> execution goes into itkVTKImageExportBase.cxx, and fails at calling
> UpdataInformationCallback() as the following.

> void VTKImageExportBase::UpdateInformationCallbackFunction(void* userData)

{

 static_cast<VTKImageExportBase*>(userData)->

   UpdateInformationCallback(); // failed

}