[Insight-users] segmentation of elongated objects

Prathamesh Kulkarni prathameshmkulkarni at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:23:03 EST 2011

Hello all,

I am involved in designing segmentation methods for images which have
elongated surfaces touching each other. Currently I am trying to use Level
Sets for segmentation. What kind of level set function could be suggested in
this case?

Also, since I know in advance that height of the objects is very small
compared to their width, is there a way to incorporate this knowledge using
level sets? What other methods could be suggested for such a segmentation?

Thanks,
Prathamesh