[Insight-users] handle watershed oversegmentation

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:03:17 EST 2011

Hi,
You can also check the watershed approach using markers. The tutorial
is at http://hdl.handle.net/1926/202 and the filter
(itkMorphologicalWatershedFromMarkersImageFilter) is available as part
of itk, if you build using the review option.

If you don't have many objects to segment then you can easily test
feasibility of segmenting this way by manually drawing a marker for
each object of interest, as well as one or more background markers.