[Insight-users] Dimensions problem with AnalyzeImage 4D

Thierry Augé thierryauge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 03:34:46 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to read a 4D Image 256*256*128*39 (3D+t) of type 'Analyze' (with
a header file .hdr and the data .img).

With the standard ImageFileReader method instantiated thanks to an
'ImageType3D', it runs but the output represents only the first 3D image
(256*256*128) of the sample.

If I'm using ImageFileReader with an 'ImageType4D', this error appears :
'A spacing of 0 is not allowed: Spacing is [1, 1, 1, 0]'

And if I'm using the 'reader->SetImageIO()' with 'itk::AnalyzeImageIO' and
ImageFileReader<ImageType3D>, the reader->GetImageIO() seems to be formatted
as intended (256*256*128*39) but the reader output still be 3D.

So the problem is that the ImageFileReader need to use ImageType3D to open
my files, but during the opening process the AnalyzeImageIOFactory find the
correct ImageType4D.

Is there a way to have access to the image data through the
'reader->getImageIO()' in order to populate an itkImage ?
(I have ever unsuccessfully tried to change NumberOfDimensions or directly
set the 4th spacing component)

Best Regards,
Thierry