[Insight-users] GIPL binary file

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 25 21:12:12 EST 2011

I'm working with a program that reads and writes 3D TIFFs.  The starting point
is 8-bit images, but often what is being created is black-and-white.  To reduce
disk usage, I'd like to have the option of saving the binary images in a more
compresses format, and GIPL looks like a good candidate.

My question is: how do I save a 3D image that has only values of 0 and 255 as a
GIPL file?  In other words, how do I tell my ImageType object to use binary
format?  I think the correct term is a single-bit binary image.

Thanks
Gib