[Insight-users] magnitude of each voxel of a vector image

Sadegh sadegh.riyahi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:57:58 EDT 2011

Hi!
I'm having two problems regarding vector images:
1- I am wondering is there any way to obtain the magnitude values of each
voxel (which is vector type) of a vector image DIRECTLY using iterators?!
Well. I know that I may have to convert the vector image to a scalar image
using filters such as "GradientToMagnitudeImageFilter" to have an image of
gradient magnitude then iterate over it to access to each values of the
voxels, but I'm looking for a shortcut to directly access it without any
conversion.

2- I am wondering why the filter "VectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilter" does
not accept itk::VectorImage as its input?! it only accepts Vector Type
images "itk::Vector< float, 3 >      VectorType; itk::Image< VectorType, 3>"
as its input which is inconvenient sometimes. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for your answer :)

-----
Sadegh Riyahi
Politecnico di Milano