[Insight-users] DeformationFieldTransform vs LandmarkBasedTransformInitializer

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:38:03 EDT 2011

hi david

the deformation field transform is relatively new to itk and allows
the deformation field object to be treated as a standard transform.

in the past, this was not possible ( no deformationfieldtransform
existed ) and, as such, a special resampling filter was created
(WarpImageFilter).

in the future, we would hope to treat all transforms (deformable,
bspline, diffeomorphism, etc) as transforms and deprecate
WarpImageFilter though it will still exist for backward compatibility.

brian