[Insight-users] Problem with Fast marching minimal path extraction

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:35:21 EDT 2011

Hi Maria,

Can you please upload the exact speed image and start/end points you
are trying to use?

I suspect the issue is because the Fast Marching front (in ITK) does
not expand into regions which have 0.0 speed values. One possibility
is to scale your speed image to ensure no values are 0.0 (i.e. using
RescaleIntensityImageFilter with max=1.0 and min=0.01).

To quote the Insight Journal article:
    pg 4. "Choosing an appropriate speed function is the most
difficult part of the entire process"

Cheers, Dan