[Insight-users] Problem using PyBuffer with wrapITK + ITK Release 4

sankhesh jhaveri sankyscorpio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:37:39 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install PyBuffer with WrapITK. I built and installed ITK 4.0
setting the following flags:

BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARIES
ITK_USE_REVIEW
USE_WRAP_ITK
WRAP_ITK_PYTHON

The build and install went fine. I was able to import itk in python.

1. When I instantiate an image using itk.Image, it gives me a warning:

Warning: Unknown parameter 'std::string' in template 'itk::MetaDataObject'
<itkTemplate itk::Image>

2. I built and installed PyBuffer too. I gave the same CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
as WRAP_ITK. I observe that it has placed 4 new files in the installation
directory, namely,

BufferConversion.py
BufferConversionPython.py
_BufferConversionPython.so
itkPyBufferPython.py

However, when I try to use PyBuffer (itk.PyBuffer) it gives me an error:

File "ITK/install/lib/ITK-4.0/Python/itkLazy.py", line 33, in
__getattribute__
    value = types.ModuleType.__getattribute__(self, attr)
AttributeError: 'LazyITKModule' object has no attribute 'PyBuffer'

I can't figure out how to make the module available under ITK.
I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you very much.

Sankhesh Jhaveri