[Insight-users] how to use multithreading

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sun Jul 10 23:42:34 EDT 2011

Take a look at the many imaging filters in ITK/BasicFilters that do
this. You should be looking for the methods ThreadedRequestData, which
is called once by each thread. If needed you may also need to override
the methods BeforeThreadedGenerateData and/or
AfterThreadedGenerateData which are called once by the main thread if
you need any setting up/ finalising as part of your filter.

-karhik