[Insight-users] Euler-Lagrange Equation in ITK

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:21:47 EDT 2011

The Eulear-Lagrange is not a particular differential equation. It is
the equivalent of the derivative but applied to energy functionals. So
for each different Energy functional you 'derive' it and get a
different set of Euler-Lagrange Equations.
I don't think it is possible to have a unique class to solve them,
because they could have very different form.

On the other hand, many of the level set methods available in ITK use
an Euler-Lagrange formulation, so you could dig a bit in the L-S
framework.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
                  Juan