[Insight-users] ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetFltkGui 3D Version

Cliff Lindsay clindsay at WPI.EDU
Thu Jul 14 16:53:40 EDT 2011

All,

I'm interested in using the ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetFltkGui
application example from InsightApplications. I have modified everything
in the code (version 3.20) to work with 3D images and all compiles well on
Win32. I can load a 3D image, apply smoothing, select a seed point for the
level sets and set threshold values (all while having the image viewers
display the results for each of these operations). The problem is when I
click "start" to segment to the volume, it continues to run forever and
provides no progress update. Even for a volume with only two slices this
happens.

I have tried the segmentation with all the default values with the same
result. Also, when I apply the segmentation with a single 2D image (1
slice) it works fine. I think I converted everything properly and have no
idea where to go from here.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Cliff