[Insight-users] pointer to image data

barbababa tonimuusimaki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:44:40 EDT 2011

Hello all,

i can assign a pointer to my image data as follows:

float *img_data     = reinterpret_cast<float *>(
img.get_image_data().get_data() );

Now how could i define an ITK image, which points to this same data?
This works at build time but not on runtime:

typedef itk::Image&lt;float, 2&gt; ImageType;
ImageType *image =  reinterpret_cast&lt;ImageType*&gt;(
img.get_image_data().get_data() );
ImageType::Pointer myImage = image;

I think the problem is in the &lt;ImageType*&gt; but i don't know how to get
past it!

Any Ideas?

Thanks!