[Insight-users] ZLIB failure in itk installation (from git)

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:22:09 EDT 2011

Dear all,
     Yesterday I tried to pull the latest changes from ITK, and after
cmake and make. The instalation fails with the error below. In
addition, I completely removed both source and build and made a git
clone again, but with the same results. The cmake options I'm changing
are: USE_REVIEW=ON, and USE_TESTING=OFF, the rest are at their default
value. I will try to disable ZLIB if possible, but one way or another
this shouldn't happen, as most people will use default options.
Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
                   Juan

<regular installation stuff shows here>
-- Installing: /usr/local/include/ITK-4.0/itkDistanceToCentroidMembershipFunction.h
-- Installing: /usr/local/include/ITK-4.0/itkScalarImageToCooccurrenceMatrixFilter.h
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/cmake/ITK-4.0/Modules/ITKStatistics.cmake
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libITKStatistics-4.0.so.1
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libITKStatistics-4.0.so
-- Removed runtime path from "/usr/local/lib/libITKStatistics-4.0.so.1"
CMake Error at Modules/ThirdParty/ZLIB/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot find
  "/home/juan/juanc/soft/develop/ITK-dev/ITK-build/Modules/ThirdParty/ZLIB/src/itkzlib/CMakeFiles/ITKZLIB.cmake".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:76 (INCLUDE)

make: *** [install] Error 1