[Insight-users] Compiling ITK with Visual Studio 2010 - First Steps

emreturkoz emreturkoz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 10:43:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to make ITK projects using Visual Studio 2010. I'm not using
CMAKE, I include the necessary files from VC++ Directories tab in the
properties and include the necessary libraries using a header file with
pragmas. It works at VTK so I expect it also to work with ITK.

I managed to compile the basic HelloWorld example.

The problem I suffer is that when I try to compile the basic
SimpleOperations/WidthHeight example at ITK Wiki, I get the errors regarding
"std::" commands. After I include several files ITK started to have
different "std::" functions other than the standard version.

My code is below. "project.config.h" contains pragmas to necessary
libraries.

Thank you for your help.

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "project_config.h"
#include <itkImageFileReader.h>
#include <iostream>

int main(){

  std::string filename="logo_alone.png";
  typedef itk::Image&lt;float, 2&gt;            ImageType;
  typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType> ReaderType;

  reader->SetFileName( filename.c_str() );
  reader->Update();

  std::cout << reader->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize()[0]
<< " "
            << reader->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize()[1]
<< std::endl;

  // An example image had w = 200 and h = 100 (it is wider than it is tall).
The above output
  // 200 100
  // so w = GetSize()[0]
  // and h = GetSize()[1]

  // A pixel inside the region
  itk::Index<2> indexInside;
  indexInside[0] = 150;
  indexInside[1] = 50;
  std::cout <<
reader->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion().IsInside(indexInside) <<
std::endl;

  // A pixel outside the region
  itk::Index<2> indexOutside;
  indexOutside[0] = 50;
  indexOutside[1] = 150;
  std::cout <<
reader->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion().IsInside(indexOutside) <<
std::endl;

  // This means that the [0] component of the index is referencing the left
to right (x) value
  // and the [1] component of Index is referencing the top to bottom (y)
value

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}