[Insight-users] Cuberille

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:46:01 EDT 2011

Hi Mário,

(This time cc'd to the insight-users mailing list)

> I´m trying to understand the diference of using GenerateTriangleFaces or
> ProjectVerticesToIsoSurface.

These parameters are described in the Insight journal article:
   http://www.insight-journal.org/download/viewpdf/740/3

"GenerateTriangleFaces specifies whether triangle or quadrilateral
faces should be generated. The default is to generate triangle faces."
GenerateTriangleFaces=true means that the algorithm generates
triangles, GenerateTriangleFaces=false means the algorithm generates
quadrilaterals (e.g. rectangles).

"ProjectVerticesToIsoSurface specifies whether the vertices should be
projected onto the iso-surface. If the projection is disabled, the
resultant mesh exhibits the traditional blocky features. Projection
takes roughly half of the algorithm time. The default is to project
the vertices."
ProjectVerticesToIsoSurface=true means that the resultant mesh is
smooth (vertices are projected onto the surface).
ProjectVerticesToIsoSurface=false means that the resultant mesh is
blocky (vertices are not projected and remain block-like).

> Can you send me the articles you mention in the references of the article
> "Cuberille implicit surface polygonization for itk"?

Unfortunately the referenced publications did not follow the
principles of open science, and are behind a pay wall. The best I can
do is send you the digital object identifier links. If you are
studying, your university typically pays exorbitant fees to access
these publications. Ask your librarian.
   http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0734-189X(89)90132-1
   http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0146-664X(79)90079-0

HTH