[Insight-users] How to use itkBinaryPruningImageFilter

di xiao xiaodi68 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:52:54 EDT 2011

Dear all:

Anyone successfully used the itkBinaryPruningImageFilter? I searched the Insight-users but no solution about it.

My codes:

  //Pruning the thinning image
  typedef itk::BinaryPruningImageFilter<ReaderImageType, ReaderImageType> BinaryPruningImageFilterType;
  BinaryPruningImageFilterType::Pointer binaryPruningFilter = BinaryPruningImageFilterType::New();
  binaryPruningFilter->SetInput(binaryThinningFilter->GetOutput());
  binaryPruningFilter->SetIteration(10);
  binaryPruningFilter->Update();
  binaryPruningFilter->Print(std::cout, 0);

imageWriter->SetInput(binaryPruningFilter->GetPruning());

My thinning image is a binary image (background = 0, thinning skeleton = 255).
But I didn't get any changes after put the thinning image through the pruning filter.

Did I understand wrongly to using the filter?

Thanks,

Di