[Insight-users] Morphological Operation

Neil Panjwani paniwani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 13:36:42 EDT 2011

The application is CT imaging with tagged materials. If there is a thin
layer of tissue (0 HU) with brightly tagged materials (>400 HU) one side and
very dark air (< -600 HU) on the other, the gradient magnitude at the tissue
becomes very high, essentially marking the tissue as an edge. This leads to
significant fold erosion in my application.