[Insight-users] Watershed error

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:22:51 EDT 2011

I am trying to make a very simple example of the WatershedImageFilter
class. I created a binary image (two white squares on a black
background) and then attempted to do this:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/WishList/Segmentation/WatershedImageFilter

but I get:

itk::ERROR: itk::watershed::SegmentTreeGenerator::MergeSegments:: An
unexpected and fatal error has occurred. This is probably the result
of overthresholding of the input image.

I tried with many combinations of 'threshold' and 'level', both
between 0 and 1. I realize that there are certainly better methods to
segment these squares, but I'm trying to start with a very simple
case. Does anyone see the problem with what I've done?

Thanks,

David