[Insight-users] Writing DICOM Issues

Neil Panjwani paniwani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:58:26 EDT 2011

I'm having problems reading a series of 2D DICOM images as a 3D volume,
performing my algorithm on the 3D input, and then writing out the DICOM 2D
series again. If I use a different SeriesFileNames, the files are sometimes
read in backwards. On other occassions, they're read in correctly, can be
outputted at any time as a volume, but cannot be written as a series.

My guess is that I am violating some DICOM dictionary rules. Can anyone
point me in the right direction to generate a new DICOM series? And how to
avoid the problem of reading my data in backwards?

Thanks,
Neil