[Insight-users] Building Gingko in VS.

Benjamin CONAN bconan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:14:03 EDT 2011

Good afternoon,
I'm currently trying to work with Gingko CADx (http://ginkgo-cadx.com/en/)
in order to develop my own extensions, but I first need to build the
sources.
When I do, I'm facing errors from the ITK source files. Here is the deal :

-ITK solution is configured with the following options in CMake :

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = ON
ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS = ON
ITK_USE_PATENTED = ON
ITK_USE_REVIEW = ON
ITK_USE_REVIEW_STATISTICS = ON
VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2 = ON

After including all the required files into the gingko environment, I'm
facing the following errors :

a whole bunch of C4516 warnings like this one :

*c:\itk\src\code\common\itkConstShapedNeighborhoodIterator.h(235) : warning
C4516:
'itk::Neighborhood<TImage::InternalPixelType*,itk::GetImageDimension<TImage>::ImageDimension>::itk::Neighborhood<TPixel,VDimension,TAllocator>::GetRadius'
: access-declarations are deprecated; member using-declarations provide a
better alternative*
*
*
followed by these errors :

C:\ITK\src\Code\Review\Statistics\itkEuclideanDistanceMetric.h(44) : error
C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'
1>        C:\ITK\src\Code\Review\Statistics\itkEuclideanDistanceMetric.h(70)
: see reference to class template instantiation
'itk::Statistics::EuclideanDistanceMetric<TVector>' being compiled
1>C:\ITK\src\Code\Review\Statistics\itkEuclideanDistanceMetric.h(44) : error
C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support
default-int
1>C:\ITK\src\Code\Review\Statistics\itkEuclideanDistanceMetric.h(44) : error
C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
1>C:\ITK\src\Code\Review\Statistics\itkEuclideanDistanceMetric.h(65) : error
C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support
default-int
[...]

All the errors are coming from the Review\Statistics files. I failed to find
any similar errors on the web. Do you have any idea where I went wrong ?

Thank you,

Benjamin.