[Insight-users] need help in using itkLabelOverlayImageFilter

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:11:29 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to use itkLabelOverlayImageFilter. My initial image (which I
segment) is a greyscale image (with values 0-255) and I load it using a
dialog box of Qt, as it seems

*  typedef   float           InternalPixelType;
  const     unsigned int    Dimension = 2;
  typedef itk::Image< InternalPixelType, Dimension >  InternalImageType;
  typedef  itk::ImageFileReader< InternalImageType > ReaderType;
  ReaderType::Pointer reader1 = ReaderType::New();
  reader1->SetFileName(fileName.toStdString());*

The result of my segmentation is a binary image , which is been saved wih
name "result.png", and I use a reader to read this file:

*ReaderType::Pointer reader2 = ReaderType::New();
  reader2->SetFileName("result.png");*

I want to ask how I could use itkLabelOverlayImageFilter and what changes I
should make in order to work properly. Any example whould be very useful ,
as I am confused with the image type casting.

I have tried something like this, But I got errors:

*   typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char> RGBPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<RGBPixelType> RGBImageType;

 typedef itk::LabelOverlayImageFilter<OutputImageType, OutputImageType,
RGBImageType> LabelOverlayFilterType;
  LabelOverlayFilterType::Pointer labelOverlayFilter =
LabelOverlayFilterType::New();
  labelOverlayFilter->SetInput(reader1);
  labelOverlayFilter->SetLabelImage("result.png");
  labelOverlayFilter->SetOpacity(1.0);
  labelOverlayFilter->ResetColors(); // reset color map
  labelOverlayFilter->AddColor(0, 0, 255); // fill color map with blue
  labelOverlayFilter->SetBackgroundValue(0); // don't overlay the
background, i.e., label 0
  labelOverlayFilter->Update();*

Thanks in advance