[Insight-users] Create an image

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:06:52 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to create an image 20x20. Every pixel will have the value 0.
Then, I have created an other function called OutputImage, with which I
trying to see all the pixel's value on my window command prompt. The project
is built correctly, but when I run it from the command window prompt I do
not take any value. Could anybody find the problem?

Thanks in advance

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"

typedef itk::Image<unsigned char, 2>  ImageType;

static void CreateImage(ImageType::Pointer image);
void OutputImage(ImageType::Pointer image);

int main(int, char *[])
{
 //  unsigned int pixelIndex;

    ImageType::Pointer image = ImageType::New();
  CreateImage(image);
  OutputImage(image);

  std::cout << "Original size: " <<
image->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize() << std::endl;
//  std::cout << image-> GetPixel(pixelIndex) << std::endl;

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

void CreateImage(ImageType::Pointer image)
{

  ImageType::IndexType start;
  start.Fill(0);

  ImageType::SizeType size;
  size.Fill(20);

  ImageType::RegionType region(start, size);
  image->SetRegions(region);
  image->Allocate();
  image->FillBuffer(0);

}

void OutputImage(ImageType::Pointer image)
{

  for(unsigned int r = 0; r < 20; r++)
      {
      for(unsigned int c = 0; c < 20; c++)