[Insight-users] Recovering an image from its derivative

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:04:25 EST 2011

I have a gradient image and I am trying to recover the image which this
gradient image is the gradient of. I also have the pixel values at the
boundary of the image I am looking for, which should constrain the problem
appropriately. I believe this is called solving the Poisson equation? It
looks like FiniteDifferenceImageFilter subclasses iteratively solve partial
differential equations, but I didn't see any one that would do what I am
looking for here.

Is there a way to find this image in ITK?

Thanks,

David