[Insight-users] Registration in one direction

Dawood Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 10:43:23 EDT 2011

Hi Alexis,
You can set the translation in Y direction to zero after the registration is done and when
you want to resample the resulting images. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it
but it doesn't hurt to try, this would work well specially if the errors in Y direction are
insignificant.
If you want to get the metric value with regards to the translation in X direction and X
direction only, you will have to do a little bit more. You can set the translation in Y
direction to zero after each iteration and examine the metric value afterwards, I think
this would be relatively easy if implemented using the command/observer.
Best regards,
Dawood

Hi All,

I'm performing a linear transform registration between multiple 2D images. Knowing that my images are only moving in the X direction, the algorithm is occasionally giving me erroneous measurements in the Y direction. Is there any way to limit the transform parameters to 1 direction? How can I implement the registration, metrics, etc. to find the best metric value by only the variation of the X parameter. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alexis Cheng
Electrical Engineering
University of British Columbia