[Insight-users] itk installation

Uli Aretz u_aretz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:36:25 EDT 2011

Hi Rayn,

thank you for your answer.
Of course, you are right. I use cmake to configure and generate the makefiles.
Then I compile my code via the Shell/Terminal with GCC (C++ Compiler).
After defining the location of my FLTK binaries and libraries right (thank you Rayn!!) I use the "make" command to build ITKGray.

Then  I get the following Message:
" [ 89%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/itksnapui.dir/SnakeParametersUI.cxx.o
[ 90%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/itksnapui.dir/UserInterface.cxx.o
Linking CXX static library libitksnapui.a
[100%] Built target itksnapui
Scanning dependencies of target InsightSNAP
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/InsightSNAP.dir/UserInterface/SNAPMain.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable InsightSNAP
ld: duplicate symbol ImageWrapper<unsigned short>::InitializeToWrapper(ImageWrapperBase const*, itk::Image<unsigned short, 3u>*)in libitksnaplogic.a(GreyImageWrapper.cxx.o) and libitksnaplogic.a(LabelImageWrapper.cxx.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [InsightSNAP] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/InsightSNAP.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2"

Have you any idea what to do?
Sorry for my inexperience.

Thanks.