[Insight-users] CastImageFilter error

akbarjan bayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 15:40:01 EDT 2011

Hello all!

I am trying to convert data from one type to another using following lines in ITK:

********************************
const unsigned int Dimension = 3;
typedef itk::Image< float, 3 > ImageType;
typedef itk::VTKImageToImageFilter<ImageType> VTKImageToImageType;

VTKImageToImageType::Pointer reader = VTKImageToImageType::New();

typedef float InternalPixelType;
typedef itk::Image< InternalPixelType, Dimension > InternalImageType;
typedef itk::CastImageFilter< FixedImageType, InternalImageType > CasterType;

CasterType::Pointer Caster   = CasterType::New();
Caster->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );

And it gives out the following error message:
"no matching function for call to ‘itk::CastImageFilter<itk::Image<short unsigned int, 3u>, itk::Image<float, 3u> >::SetInput(const itk::Image<float, 3u>*) "

I have been working for this for about one week, and cannot figure it out yet. I really hope someone could help me... many warm thanks in advance!