[Insight-users] How to use multithreaded filters

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:04:23 EDT 2011

> I'd like to know how to run several threads when I use a multithreaded-filter (e.g., FlipImageFilter).

Normally for multithreaded filters I do nothing extra and ITK
automatically processes with more than 1 thread. Are you sure
FlipImageFilter is multithreaded? It may not be since I believe in
most cases more than 1 thread will not improve performance.

>  ITK toolkit and my example are compiled in Debug mode.

That will cause the calculation to take sometimes as much as 50 times
as long to execute.

John