[Insight-users] about ICP

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:42:50 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Leon Hu <leonhu.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> I'm a new ITK user and want to use ICP algorithm. I've got the example of
> "IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx" ,but still don't know which function to call.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best wishes,
> Leon

I have made a "sandbox" for this example here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/WishList/IterativeClosestPoints

Please post what you have tried there (and the data sets you used,
what the problem was, etc) so we can refine it in this central
location.

You may also consider (if you haven't already) creating simple,
synthetic data sets (4 points - as I have done here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/IterativeClosestPointsTransform)
to ensure the problem is with how you are calling the algorithm and
not that the algorithm itself is failing on the data you are trying it
on.

David