[Insight-users] Writing Makefile for ITK based programs

Hernan Ledesma fledesma at inti.gob.ar
Wed Mar 23 13:04:18 EDT 2011

David Doria escribió:
 >> excuse me, /maybe I asked/ the question in a /wrong way
 >>
 >> I mean that /everything is done  to use only CMake /in ITK;
 >>
 >> i. e. there is no tools /for the user writes your own Makefile
conveniently.

 >> thanks for replay and excuse my english.
 >>

 > Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.
 >
 > I think it is pretty standard for a project to pick a build system and
 > only support (or even recommend) that users of the project use the
 > same build system.
 >
 > That said, there is no magic - all you would have to do is set the
 > appropriate include directories and link the the appropriate
 > libraries. But CMake does it all for you, so I'm not sure why you
 > wouldn't want to take advantage of that.
 >
 > David

I need to integrate OpenCV with ITK,

I worked a long time using pkg-config and writing my own Makefiles on a
simple way.

but now, I need to change my point of view and writes my own CMakeList.txt,
I think that the only advantages of this approaches is the cross
platform characteristic.

however, in my opinion, we need both point of view; as does it OpenCV.

thank you very much David.