[Insight-users] VectorImageToImageAdaptor

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:54:31 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble getting this filter to present a scalar image.
> Below is a short example - it creates a vector image and then tries to
> find the max/min of the adapted scalar image (the 0th component) :
>
> typedef itk::VectorImage<float, 2> VectorImageType;
> VectorImageType::Pointer image;
>
> // ... Fill image ...
>
> typedef itk::VectorImageToImageAdaptor<float, 2> ImageAdaptorType;
> ImageAdaptorType::Pointer adaptor = ImageAdaptorType::New();
> adaptor->SetExtractComponentIndex(0);
> adaptor->SetImage(image);
>
> typedef itk::MinimumMaximumImageCalculator <ImageAdaptorType>
> ImageCalculatorFilterType;
> ImageCalculatorFilterType::Pointer imageCalculatorFilter =
> ImageCalculatorFilterType::New();
> imageCalculatorFilter->SetImage(adaptor);
> imageCalculatorFilter->Compute();
>
> The error is:
> itkImageAdaptor.txx:334: error: cannot convert ‘float*’ to ‘const
> itk::VariableLengthVector<float>*’ in return
>
> Is there a different adaptor I am supposed to be using for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I also tried to use a

typedef itk::NthElementImageAdaptor<VectorImageType, float> ImageAdaptorType;
ImageAdaptorType::Pointer adaptor = ImageAdaptorType::New();
adaptor->SelectNthElement(0);
adaptor->SetImage(image);

as the input to the MinimumMaximumImageCalculator and I get the exact
same error.

So to add to the question - what is the difference between
NthElementImageAdaptor and VectorImageToImageAdaptor?

David