[Insight-users] Possible bug in Label Overlay Filter

Maria Alejandra Zuluaga Valencia mariazulv at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 28 10:48:17 EDT 2011

Hello again,

Earlier this morning I posted a message on problems with ExtractImageFilter
(which I put at the end of the message for follow-up purposes).

I've performed several tests to find the cause of my error. Since, the input
images I was using came from  itkLabelOverlayImageFilter, right now I am under
the hypothesis that the latter is the one that really causes the problem when 3D
images are used.

In my pipeline I am able of creating a 3D RGB image (mhd/raw format) and I can
visualize it without any problem. However, once I try to do something with this
resulting image I get problems.

At the beginning I was using ExtractImageFilter to obtain a single slice from
the overlaid image. Since it did not work, I performed the simplest operation
which consisted in reading  from disk the 3D RGB image and then writing it
again. In every case, the resulting image contains only noise. If I do this same
test with a 2D overlaid image, it works perfectly.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? is there anyway to solve it?

thanks in advance,

Maria A. Zuluaga

Maybe there are some problems regarding R G B channel interleaving/separation?
HTH

Hi,