[Insight-users] image or image spatial object for transformations?

Alexander Taghva alextaghva at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:00:06 EDT 2011

Hello,
I have taken a DICOM-formatted brain MRI, extracted a brain mask, and done
some segmentation to get a label map image.  What I would like to do is
basically transform the physical coordinates of the three images (original,
brain mask, and segmented) based on AC, PC, and midline, and work on the
image in coordinates relative to the AC.

What is the best way to do this?  I have entertained the idea of using
imagespatialobjects and performing the transforms, but I'm not sure if
the image origin and spacing are automatically reflected in the index to
object transform when the spatial object is instantiated.  When I have tried
to do this with images and centeredaffinetransform, I end up having to
resample the image, which is not exactly what I want to do...

As a related question, is there a simple way in ITK to redefine
the "physical origin" of the image (i.e. set it to the physical coordinates
of the AC).  I think SetOrigin() changes where the upper left corner of the
image is, correct?

Thanks for your help, and I apologize if these are simple questions.
Alex Taghva