[Insight-users] Matrix inversion

Vincent Garcia vincent.garcia at inria.fr
Tue Mar 29 04:56:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using itk::Matrix in my code and I'm not happy the way it's done.
Let me explain, I have the following code :

itk::Matrix<double, 4, 4> A;
itk::Matrix<double, 4, 4> B = A>GetInverse();

This doesn't work because GetInverse return a vnl_matrix.
Why returning a vnl_matrix and not an itk::Matrix?

So, I can write my code using a vnl_matrix, and then copy everything into and itk::Matrix.
I don't like it, it's not clean.
My question is : what is the best way to use itk::Matrix (e.g. invert a matrix) and be sure that all the memory is free afterwards?

Thanks!

Vincent Garcia