[Insight-users] itkImageSeriesWriter / NumericSeriesFileNames

Chr. Rossmanith cr at neuro.ma.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 30 07:33:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using itkImageSeriesWriter and used SetSeriesFormat() (documentation
of ITK 3.20, which is what I use) to set the pattern for the image file
names. If I run my program I get the following warning:

WARNING: In
/usr/local/include/InsightToolkit/IO/itkImageSeriesWriter.txx, line 134
ImageSeriesWriter (0xa0cda00): This functionality has been DEPRECATED.
Use NumericSeriesFileName for generating the filenames

If I search for NumericSeriesFileName in itkImageSeriesWriter.txx the
only occurrence is in the warning.

It seems that the documentation is outdated?

Now I've switched to NumericSeriesFileNames instead. Is there a way to
let it determine the start and end index automatically, i.e. to get all
slices if I don't specify an index range?

Christina Rossmanith
--
Dept. of Neurology
University Hospital Mannheim