[Insight-users] Compiling a GUI API with ITK and VTK in Visual C++

Agustin Conde Martin a.conde409 at uniandes.edu.co
Mon May 2 22:00:25 EDT 2011

Hello

I already know how to CMake a project in Visual C++ Express that uses ITK and VTK perfectly. If I have this project running without any GUI, what do I have to do in order to include a GUI library like for example wxWidgets? Is there any tutorial on how to build wxWidgets and how to integrate it in a Visual C++ project with ITK and VTK? In this moment I have to input the image file path by command line when executing my project (that uses ITK and VTK) and it runs perfect. I just want to add a GUI, for example, a menu bar that has an option File->Process Image... and I want an OpenDialog to appear so the user can select the image. What is the easiest way to achieve this? Is wxWidgets the simplest GUI API?

Thank you,

Agustin Conde